This "Membranes and Transport Unit Bundle" is aligned with the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). Everything you need to teach a unit on Membranes and Tranport in one convenient download. This bundle includes PowerPoint notes with bell ringers, video links, Exit tickets. It also includes 2 lab options, 1 differentiated modeling activity, 1 mini lab, 1 demo, 1 reinforcement worksheet, a review sheet, a review game, and 1 unit test. All resources come include answers.
By purchasing this bundle, you are saving more than 30%, compared to purchasing each resource separately.
This bundled unit contains between 1 and 2 weeks worth of material, depending on what you use, and the length of your classes. This unit has all you need to teach a unit on membrane and transport for grades 8-12.
You will receive 10 products: A lesson plan sequence document walking you through the suggested sequence of activities, a 30-slide PowerPoint, 2 NGSS labs, 1 mini NGSS lab, 1 NGSS modeling activity, 1 Application-based worksheet, 1 demo, 1 jeopardy review game, 1 review sheet, and 1 unit test.
Check out the preview for a complete description of each product that is included.
The materials are editable to suit your needs.
All answers are included.
Topics covered herein:
1) Biological Membranes - location in cell, structure (phospholipid bilayer, fluid mosiac model, proteins) and function (homeostasis and selective permeability)
2) Diffusion - physical process of, examples
3) Transport - passive, active, facilitated, concentration gradients, sodium potassium pump
4) Transport (con't) - osmosis, hypertonic, hypotonic, isotonic
5) Osmoregulation in plant vs. Animal cells
6) Bulk Transport - Endocytosis, Exocytosis, Pinocytosis, Phagocytosis
Download a product preview to see all of the products you will receive.
NGSS STANDARDS WITHIN THIS UNIT:
A. NEXT GENERATION SCIENCE STANDARDS HEREIN
DCI’s: LS1.A Structure and Function
Cross Cutting Concepts: Cause and Effect, Systems and System Models, Structure and Function
Scientific and Engineering Practices:
Asking Questions and Defining Problems, Planning and Carrying Out Investigations, Analyzing and Interpreting Data, Developing and Using Models, Using Mathematical and Computational Thinking
B. SUGGESTED USES
Prior Knowledge: For best results, students should have a general understanding of chemistry, and cell parts.
The materials are editable, allowing you to change/differentiate as necessary
• This bundle is 1 classroom/teacher use only. Do not make copies or
email it to your colleagues. This was designed by me and is for your
personal (one user)use. You may
not share it or claim it as your own. You may not redistribute it.
If colleagues are interested in it, please send them the link to my store:
• You are not permitted to use any part of this work to
create products for sharing or selling.
• You are permitted to share the cover image of the packet
on your website when referring to it in a post, as long as
you link back to my store.
All rights reserved by author.