This differentiated graphic organizer is an engaging tool to help students learn the organelles of Prokaryotic bacterial cells, and Eukaryotic animal and plant cells. A great activity to do as a class or independently- students will never forget the organelles of a cell!
This lesson is composed of a graphic organizer in two versions in each format:
* For struggling students, the graphic organizer is complete with organelle location, structure and function.
* For excelling students, the graphic organizer is blank, allowing students to fill in the information on their own or with the help of their teacher.
• DIGITAL GOOGLE CLASSROOM links to all items listed above which can be easily converted to Microsoft School with directions provided or altered to fit your school’s personal learning management system
What students will do:
* Students will either read about or provide information about which types of cells have these organelles, what the organelles do, and what the organelles are made of/look like.
* Students will either read about or provide a function for the organelles of the cell: cell membrane, cell wall, cytoplasm, nucleus, nucleolus, lysosome, golgi, endoplasmic reticulum, vacuole, mitochondria, chloroplast .
* All students draw a picture (and create an analogy) of the structure and function to help them remember the organelle and what it does.
* All students reflect on the importance of each organelle by describing what would happen to the cell if the organelle were missing.
* Extension questions follow the graphic organizer and help summarize cell organelles.
You can also buy this worksheet with an accompanying PowerPoint and the Interactive Notebook Cell Organelle Color-by-Number activity in our Interactive Notebook Cell Organelle PowerPoint, Analogy Graphic Organizer and Coloring Activity mini-bundle.
Buy this lesson on its own or GO BIG and buy it in our 4-5 week Cell Organelles & Processes Bundled Unit which covers cells and cell organelles, levels of organization, and cellular processes with 170+ PowerPoint slides and 90+ handouts!
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Fortune Teller Life Science Vocabulary Bundle which includes six cootie catchers aligned with our cells unit.
Click this link to find out how this lesson fits with your NGSS, TEKS or GSE Science Classroom
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Cell Organelles: Notes and Analogy Graphic Organizer by © 2014 Getting Nerdy, LLC