Also included in
- This complete teaching unit on "Cell Structure and Function" includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats. Resources include a 111-Slide Powerpoint presentation packed with colorful and inter$39.99$71.45Save $31.46
- Five of my best-selling complete teaching bundles are included in this one Super-Mega-Bundle! This bundle includes all of the PowerPoints, notes, labs, task cards, homework assignments, review games, quizzes, activities, and unit tests that you need to teach complete and comprehensive units on cell$136.00$247.84Save $111.84
This printable or digital resource is a Cell Organelles Mix-n-Match Card Sort Game used to reinforce and review the structures found in plant and animal cells. The set includes organelles found in both plant and animal cells: Nucleus, cell membrane, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi apparatus, mitochondria, ribosome, vacuole, cytoskeleton, centrioles, lysosome, peroxisome, cilia, flagella, cell wall, plastids, chloroplast, chromoplast, leucoplast, extracellular matrix (ECM), intercellular junctions and cytoplasm. Students will match the descriptions / functions / pictures to the correct organelle. This resource is editable and is easily differentiated for students of different grade levels and ability levels.
What is included in this product?
- 21 Printable and Editable Organelle Cards
- 112 Printable and Editable Answer Cards
- Paperless, digital Google Apps Version for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, Microsoft OneDrive, or similar.
- 6 Page Teacher Guide and Answer Key
- Editable Student Answer Sheet
- An edible set of blank cards is included in case you want to add something of your own to the game.
The number of new science vocabulary words can be overwhelming to our students. Practice and review in a game format is an excellent method of drilling and reinforcing the vocabulary.
Extremely Low Prep! Once you download this resource, you are just minutes away from using this product with your class. Simply:
Students can also complete the card sort activity and complete their student answer sheet in Google Slides!
Easily adapted for students of different grades or ability levels. This particular game is extremely versatile. Make the game as easy or as hard as you want by selecting which “organelle cards” and which “answer cards” you want to use. This game can be tailored to meet the needs of any life science or biology class. For an advanced class, use all of the organelle and the corresponding answer cards. For a younger class, or a lower level class, pick fewer organelles to use in the game with fewer corresponding answer cards.
Because you tailor the game to meet your needs, this product is suitable for any life science or biology class in grades 5-12.
I have included a student answer sheet. It is an optional component. If you choose, you can use the answer sheet to have the student record the name of the organelle and all of the corresponding answer statements.
How can this cell organelle game be used?
- Competitive Game Format: I organize and separate the class into teams. I pick a cellular organelle and announce it to the class. For example, you might say, “Find 6 answer cards for the mitochondria.” Students must quickly go through all of the answer cards and find all cards that match the chosen organelle. The first group to find all matching answer cards wins the round. Choose a second organelle and repeat. I often award a few extra credit points to the winning team members.
- First Day Instruction: Without any prior instruction on cell organelles, have the students use their textbooks to look up information on each organelle. This works best in a setting where the students can spread out a bit. The students first lay out the organelle cards. As they read their textbooks, they align the matching answer cards to the organelle card. After all answer cards have been placed, students can take notes on the enclose answer sheet.
- Reinforcement: The cards are perfect for individualized or small group review and reinforcement. Students can grab a bag of cards during study hall, before school or after school to study and review at their own pace.
Related products include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well: