Cell Organelles Structure & Function - Science Centers / Lab Stations - STEAM based Cross Curricular Differentiated Stations for Life Science
With science as the primary background subject, students will learn about the major organelles of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells by using Social Studies (which includes history, current events and geography), Technology (computers and engineering), ELA (reading and writing), the Arts (music, art, PE/dance and debate), and Math. These print and go, low-to-no prep Science Circuit Stations are easy to implement with a few household items and provide a method for teaching life science that shows how science concepts flow across the curricula and are relatable in all aspects of life.
This Cross-Curricular Science Circuit Station pack includes 7 activities aligned to NGSS (Next Generation Science Standards) covering:
- Cell organelles structure and function
- Plant and animal cell comparison
- Theory of Endosymbiosis - origin of mitochondria and chloroplasts
- How cells move within their environment
- Area of cell organelles
- Importance of organelle location
Our STEAM stations are great for enrichment, differentiation, assessment, group activities, mini-labs, and more! Each unit includes directions for each activity, answer keys, station signs, and student answer sheets.
This Cross-Curricular Science Circuit Station includes the following student-led stations:
As an explorer, students engage in Social Studies, Geography, and History as they learn about current events, historical figures and events, etc.
Students use a computer, smart phone, ipad or other electronic device to research related topics.
This station entails students taking on the role of engineering, designing, building, assembling, and/or experimenting with manipulatives.
At this station, students write a response to a question or problem.
Students answer questions related to a reading passage .
For this station, students get their creative juices flow as they participate in one of the many arts
Students use their math skills to answer science related math problems
An assessment piece that aligns with the lessons included in the Science Circuit
This station set can also be purchased in our Cell Organelles and Processes Cross Curricular STEAM Science Stations Bundle
which includes five additional stations to use in your classroom and in our growing Life Science Bundle: Cross Curricular STEAM Stations
which will include over 45 stations for all Life Science topics!
We aim to please. Before leaving feedback, please contact us via "Ask a Question" and let us know if we can help make our products better for you and your students.
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action. Clipart and other elements within our products are copyrighted and cannot be used on its own without permission or license.
Cross-Curricular STEAM Circuits Science Stations by © 2016 Getting Nerdy. All rights reserved.