This is a comprehensive PowerPoint on cell organelles, and cell structure and function. It includes the history of cell studies, and is packed with pictures and diagrams to hold the interest of your students.
Suitable for biology or life science students in grades 7 - 12.
71 Slides! And notes!!
Comes with a set of teaching notes for the instructor (12 pages) and an outline of the notes for the student (16 pages.) Students fill in their outline as the lessons are being taught.
I have had amazing results with this cell structure powerpoint. This powerpoint is packed with pictures, diagrams, and color that engage and keep the attention of the students.
NOTE: This product is also included in a large, bundled unit lesson plan and can be viewed here: Cell Structure and Function Complete Bundled Unit Plan
This was written for my Biology I class. It covers the cell structure and function concepts typically found at the beginning of any Biology I text.
Here is an outline of what is included:
• The Discovery of the Cell (Robert Hooke, Leeuwenhoek, Schleiden, Schwann, Virchow); The Cell Theory
• Energy Requirements of Living Organisms (Heterotrophs vs Autotrophs)
• Process that all cells must be able to perform: Ingestion, digestion, cyclosis, respiration, biosynthesis, excretion, egestion, movement, reproduction, irritability.
• Structures found in animal cells. Students will label the cell and learn the functions of the nucleus, nucleolus, nuclear membrane, chromosomes, ribosomes, rough ER, smooth ER, Golgi, lysosomes, vacuoles, mitochondria, the cytoskeleton, the cell membrane.
• Structures found in plant cells. Students will label the plant cell and learn the functions of the large central vacuole, chloroplasts, chromoplasts, leukoplasts, cell wall.
• The student will learn the differences between plant and animal cells.
• Levels of Cellular Organization: Unicellular, colonial, multicellular, cell specialization, tissues, organs, systems.
• Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells: Definitions and differences between these two types of cells.
• Structure of the Cell Membrane: Students will label the parts composing a membrane.
• Homeostasis and the permeability of the membrane
• The concentration gradient, passive transport, diffusion, osmosis, isotonic, hypotonic, hypertonic, cytolysis, plasmolysis, facilitated diffusion, active transport, transport proteins, endocytosis, phagocytosis, pinocytosis.
• Given the concentrations of various solutions, students will predict the movement of water and other substances into and out of the cell.
My materials are easily adaptable. You can easily add or delete material. You will receive a 71 slide powerpoint, and both a pdf and a Word document version of the student and teacher notes.
Related products include:
Cell Structure and Function Bundled Unit of 19 products
Cell Organelles Mix -n- Match Review Game
Biology Lab: Cell Structure and Function
Worksheet: The Importance of Surface Area to Volume Ratio in Cells
Cells (Plant and Animal) Quiz / Homework / Review
Lab: Determining the Osmolarity of Cells
Lab: The Effect of Solutions on Cells
Homework or Quiz on Cells
Lab: Diffusion Through a Nonliving Membrane
Lab: Qualitative and Quantitative Plasmolysis
Lab: The Effect of Concentration on the RAte of Diffusion
Cell Organelles MAtching Worksheet
Lab: Diversity of Cell Structures
Cell Organelles Crossword Puzzle
Transport Across the Cell Membrane Worksheet
Cell Structure and Function - Set of 3 Quizzes
Transport Across Membranes Crossword Puzzle
Cells - Transport Across the Membrane Powerpoint Jeopardy Review
Test: Cell Structure and Function and Membrane Transport
Cell Structure and Physiology Interactive Notebook Pages, Warm Ups, or Bell Ringers
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)