Cells Vocabulary - Differentiated Life Science Lesson for Cell Organelles
Learn about the levels of organization and organelles of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells with our differentiated cell and cell organelle vocabulary lesson that includes a reading and PowerPoint.
The reading is the same for below and above level readers but offers questions that are differentiated. Students don't even need to know that they are receiving work that is different from their peers as they read about the various organelles of the cell and the levels of organization.
The Cell Organelle Differentiated Vocabulary Lessons are differentiated for:
* Below level readers: ESOL students or those that require scaffolding and support as the vocabulary terms are bold face in the reading and the questions are simplified with matching or recall activities.
* Above level readers: Honors, challenge or AP students as the vocabulary terms are not in bold, students use graphic organizers, make their own definitions, and answer extension questions which require inference skills.
We have vocabulary sheets for all biology/life science topics:
1. Scientific Method
3. Cell Processes
7. Human Body: Medical Prefixes and Suffixes
- a FREE vocabulary lesson that goes along with our Intro to Ecology
Want them all? Save and buy the Life Science Vocabulary Bundle- ALL Units Differentiated for ALL Readers
Buy this lesson on its own or GO BIG and buy it in our 4-5 week Cell Organelles and Cell Processes Bundled Unit
which covers cells and cell organelles, levels of organization, and cellular processes with 170+ PowerPoint slides and 90+ handouts!
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Life Science Vocabulary Lessons for all biology/life science topics.
- Life Science Visual Word Wall in both SPANISH AND ENGLISH!
- Fortune Teller Life Science Vocabulary Bundle
Click this link to find out how this lesson fits with your NGSS, TEKS or GSE Science Classroom
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Cell Organelle Vocabulary Differentiated for ALL Readers by © 2014 Getting Nerdy, LLC