Cell Structure & Function - Model Project - Distance Learning + Digital Lesson
- Google Apps™
What educators are saying
Also included in
- How is fruit leather like the endoplasmic reticulum? Find out about E.R and all the other tiny "organs" of prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells using this fun unit bundle complete with a guiding PowerPoint, labs, activities, graphic organizers and an edible culminating activity. It's a "sweet" lesson yoPrice $37.95Original Price $47.95Save $10.00
Cell Structure & Function - Cell Model Project
Students learn about cell organelle structure and function by creating an edible model of a plant or animal cell. It's great way to help your students to learn the organelles and one they'll never forget!
What students will do:
* Choose a eukaryotic cell to create- plant or animal
* Make a blueprint, key, and labels to adorn their edible cell model
* Write a paper to cater to an audience of young children, explaining the structure, function, location and importance of each cell organelle, including the nucleus (including nuclear membrane and DNA), mitochondria, cell membrane, cytoplasm, endoplasmic reticulum, lysosome, vacuole, ribosome, Golgi bodies(Apparatus), and in the plant cell, the chloroplast and the cell wall.
This lesson is composed of:
* PowerPoint that details the instructions and rubric. Many photographed examples of what TO do as well as what NOT to do to create the finished product.
* Handouts of the instructions and grading rubric
• DIGITAL GOOGLE CLASSROOM links to all items listed above which can be easily converted to Microsoft School with directions provided or altered to fit your school’s personal learning management system
This lesson works great with our Cell Organelles: PowerPoint, Analogy Graphic Organizer and Cell Color-by-Number mini-bundle.
Buy this lesson on its own or GO BIG and buy it in our 4-5 week Cell Organelles & Processes Bundled Unit which covers cells and cell organelles, levels of organization, and cellular processes with 170+ PowerPoint slides and 90+ handouts!
Consider using this with some of our other products in our store:
- Fortune Teller Life Science Vocabulary Bundle which includes six cootie catchers aligned with our cells unit.
Click this link to find out how this lesson fits with your NGSS, TEKS or GSE Science Classroom
- Purchase of the product is for single classroom use by the purchaser only. It is a violation for individuals, schools, and districts to redistribute, edit, sell, or post this item on the Internet or to other individuals. Disregarding the copyright is a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and subject to legal action.
Cell Organelles Project: Let Them Eat Cell- a Eukaryotic Cell Model by © Getting Nerdy, LLC