A set of 3 quizzes to use with your unit on Cell Structure and Function
Includes: Animal Cell Quiz, Plant Cell Quiz, and Transport Across Membranes Quiz.
Suitable for Biology and Life Science Students in Grades 7 - 12.
I use this set of three quizzes with my unit on Cell Structure and Function. Each quiz consists of fill in the blank questions and a few short answer questions. The quizzes were written to go along with my powerpoint,Cell Structure and Function Powerpoint and Notes
, but they can be used in any Biology class when teaching the concepts of cell structure and function.
NOTE: This product is also included in a large, bundled unit lesson plan and can be viewed here: Cell Structure and Function Complete Bundled Unit Plan
The first quiz is on the animal cell. It covers:
• The men of history who made discoveries about cells, such as Robert Hooke, Leeuwenhoek, Schleiden, Schwann, and Virchow.
• The energy requirements of all living organisms (autotrophs vs heterotrophs)
• The 11 processes that all cells must be able to carry out: ingestion, digestion, excretion, respiration, biosynthesis, etc.)
• Structures found in animal cells: nucleus, cytoplasm, nuclear membrane, nucleoplasm, chromosomes, ribosomes, rough ER, smooth ER, Golgi, lysosomes, vacuoles, mitochondria, the cytoskeleton.
• Students will label a diagram of animal cell organelles.
The second quiz is on the plant cell. It covers:
• Students will label a diagram of plant cell organelles.
• Differences between plant and animal cells.
• Structures unique to plant cells: central vacuole, chloroplasts, chromoplasts, leukoplasts, cell wall.
• Levels of cellular organization - unicellular, colonial, and multicellular. Also tissue, organ, systems.
• The differences between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells.
The third quiz is on cellular transport across the membrane. It covers:
• Active and passive transport
• Hypertonic, hypotonic, and isotonic
• Plasmolysis, cytolysis
• Endocytosis, exocytosis, and phagocytosis.
• There is a diagram of the cell membrane that students will label.
• There is a diagram showing two solutions separated by a semipermeable membrane. Students will label the hypotonic side, the hypertonic side and predict the movement of the molecules.
Your download will include both pdf and Word documents.
Complete Teacher Answer Keys are included.
Related products include:
Cell Physiology Mega Bundle
Cell Structure and Function Interactive Notebook Pages and / or Warm Ups and Bellringers
Biology Lab: Cell Structure and Function
Lab: Determining the Osmolarity of Cells
Lab: The Effect of Solutions on Cells
Lab: Diffusion Through a Nonliving Membrane
Lab: Qualitative and Quantitative Plasmolysis
Cell Organelles Mix -n- Match Review Game
Lab: The Effect of Concentration on the RAte of Diffusion
Cell Organelles MAtching Worksheet
Lab: Diversity of Cell Structures
Cell Organelles Crossword Puzzle
Transport Across the Cell Membrane Worksheet
Transport Across Membranes Crossword Puzzle
Cell Organelles Jeopardy Review Game
Cells - Transport Across the Membrane Powerpoint Jeopardy Review
Test: Cell Structure and Function and Membrane Transport
Cell Structure and Function Bundled Unit of 19 products
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)