Save your valuable time! Use this editable unit test on cell structures, cell organelles, cellular processes, and transport across membranes for your final unit assessment.
Suitable for biology and life science students in grades 7 - 12.
NOTE: This product is also included in a large, bundled unit lesson plan and can be viewed here: Cell Structure and Function Complete Unit Plan Bundle
This test covers the topics found in a standard level Biology I textbook. I have written this test to go along with my PowerPoint on Cell Structure and Function.
Topics covered include:
• The Discovery of the Cell (Robert Hooke, Leeuwenhoek, Schleiden, Schwann, Virchow); The Cell Theory
• Energy Requirements of Living Organisms (Heterotrophs vs Autotrophs)
• Process that all cells must be able to perform: Ingestion, digestion, cyclosis, respiration, biosynthesis, excretion, egestion, movement, reproduction, irritability.
• Structures found in animal cells. Students will label the animal and plant cell.
• Functions of the nucleus, nucleolus, nuclear membrane, chromosomes, ribosomes, rough ER, smooth ER, Golgi, lysosomes, vacuoles, mitochondria, the cytoskeleton, the cell membrane.
• Structures found in plant cells: Central vacuole, chloroplasts, chromoplasts, leukoplasts, cell wall.
• Differences between plant and animal cells.
• Levels of Cellular Organization: Unicellular, colonial, multicellular, cell specialization, tissues, organs, systems.
• Prokaryotic and Eukaryotic Cells: Definitions and differences between these two types of cells.
• Structure of the Cell Membrane: Phospholipids, transport proteins, carbohydrates.
• Homeostasis and the permeability of the membrane
• The concentration gradient, passive transport, diffusion, osmosis, isotonic, hypotonic, hypertonic, cytolysis, plasmolysis, facilitated diffusion, active transport, transport proteins, endocytosis, phagocytosis, pinocytosis.
• Given the concentrations of various solutions, students will predict the movement of water and other substances into and out of the cell.
The test has 88 questions:
• Multiple Choice
• Fill in the Blank
• Predicting movement across membranes
• Critical thinking
• Answer Key included
Your download will contain both a pdf and the Word document.
Related Products Include:
Cell Structure Powerpoint and Notes
Cell Physiology Mega Bundle
Cell Structure and Function Interactive Notebook Pages and / or Warm Ups and Bellringers
Cell Structure and Function Bundled Unit of 19 products
Biology Lab: Cell Structure and Function
Cell Organelles Mix -n- Match Review Game
Cells (Plant and Animal) Quiz / Homework / Review
Lab: Determining the Osmolarity of Cells
Lab: The Effect of Solutions on Cells
Homework or Quiz on Cells
Lab: Diffusion Through a Nonliving Membrane
Lab: Qualitative and Quantitative Plasmolysis
Lab: The Effect of Concentration on the Rate of Diffusion
Cell Organelles Matching Worksheet
Lab: Diversity of Cell Structures
Cell Organelles Crossword Puzzle
Transport Across the Cell Membrane Worksheet
Cell Structure and Function - Set of 3 Quizzes
Transport Across Membranes Crossword Puzzle
Cells - Transport Across the Membrane Powerpoint Jeopardy Review
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)