Cell Transport Quiz (Osmosis, Diffusion)
Cell Membranes: How are materials transported across the membrane?
This document contains 39 questions on transport across the cell membrane. I most often use this as a daily quiz in my biology classes, but it is also perfect for a homework assignment, classroom worksheet, or review for the unit test.
PLEASE NOTE: This quiz is also included in a three-quiz bundle which can be viewed here: Cell Structure and Function quizzes - Set of Three
What topics are covered?
• Structure of the Cell Membrane: Phospholipids, carbohydrates, proteins.
• Students will label the parts of the membrane.
• Homeostasis and the permeability of the membrane.
• The concentration gradient, passive transport, diffusion, osmosis, isotonic, hypotonic, hypertonic, cytolysis, plasmolysis, facilitated diffusion.
• Active transport, transport proteins, endocytosis, phagocytosis, pinocytosis.
• Movement of polar and nonpolar substances across membranes.
• Given a diagram, students will make predictions and draw conclusions about the movement of water and solutes across the membrane.
The quiz has 36 fill in the blank questions and 3 short answer questions. There is a picture showing the components of the cell membrane that students will label. There is a diagram showing two solutions separated by a semipermeable membrane. Students will label the hypotonic side, the hypertonic side and answer other questions about this diagram.
Teacher Answer Key is included.
Your download will include two versions: A pdf version, and a Word document.
Related products include:
Cell Structure and Physiology Interactive Notebook Pages, Warm Ups, or Bell Ringers
Powerpoint and Notes on Cell Structure and Function
Biology Lab: Cell Structure and Function
Cells (Plant and Animal) Quiz / Homework / Review
Lab: Determining the Osmolarity of Cells
Lab: The Effect of Solutions on Cells
Homework or Quiz on Cells
Lab: Diffusion Through a Nonliving Membrane
Lab: Qualitative and Quantitative Plasmolysis
Lab: The Effect of Concentration on the Rate of Diffusion
Cell Organelles MAtching Worksheet
Lab: Diversity of Cell Structures
Cell Organelles Crossword Puzzle
Transport Across the Cell Membrane Worksheet
Transport Across Membranes Crossword Puzzle
Cells - Transport Across the Membrane Powerpoint Jeopardy Review
Test: Cell Structure and Function and Membrane Transport
Cell Structure and Function Bundled Unit of 19 products
Cell Physiology Mega Bundle: Cells, Mitosis and Meiosis, Enzymes, Photosynthesis and Respiration Units
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
You can find me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page