Mitosis, meiosis, DNA, cell organelles and functions, labs, graphic organizer, note sheets, a foldable and a game! All my 'cell' products combined to give you a 20% savings, every day! If you click on the links below you can check out each product individually and see the preview closer up.
Cell Reproduction: Handouts and Activities covering Mitosis, Meiosis and DNA
Need something new for mitosis, meiosis and DNA? This package contains the following:
1. Blank note sheet designed for students to draw the stages of cell reproduction (mitosis) as you draw them on the board.
2. Mitosis onion root lab: just the right level for a middle school life science class
3. Freddy the Fruit Fly Mitosis drawing activity: walks you through the stages of mitosis in the cell of a fruit fly. Draw the chromosomes in color for this great illustration of what is going on! Follow up questions at the end.
4. Freddy the Fruit Fly Meiosis: The same as #3, but for meiosis.
5. Venn Diagram: Mitosis vs. Meiosis Venn Diagram, with questions to help students get started and a rubric for easy grading!
6. DNA note sheet with coloring section and follow up questions to help students understand and remember the structure of DNA and how it copies itself.
Cell Handout and Lab Activities
Made for a middle school life science class, I made these handouts to help review the parts/functions of the cell. The following handouts are included:
1. Cell analogy: review the functions of the parts of the cell; compare the cell to a city; have students make their own analogy
2. Cell foldable: fold lengthwise and have students color, cut, whole punch and fill out the definitions of terms for a study guide in their binder
3. Plant vs. Animal Cell: a lab sheet comparing plant and animal cell organelles
4. Cell Theory: a quick handout to review the parts of cell theory and scientists who contributed; I use this after I have taught cell theory as a warm up at the beginning of class and have students color the sheet and keep for studying.
I have....Who has? Cells!
I have... Who has? 21 Questions and answers that include cell parts/functions, prokaryotic/eukaryotic differences, cell theory parts/scientists, cell/tissue/organ/system, and definition of a virus. A great and fun wrap up to any review game. My students love to see how fast they can get through after we go through once or twice. Save yourself the prep time and add a nice little game to your class! Enjoy!
Save yourself a week's worth of prep periods with this little package! You'll be happy you did :)
*******This product is now part of a MEGA bundle of ALL my life science products! Buy now and get all future life science products FREE************
Life Science Bundle