Cells – A Fifth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two fully interactive presentation slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (cell, organelle, cell membrane, cytoplasm, nucleus, mitochondria, vacuole, cell wall, chloroplast, and microscope).
• Explanation of cells along with similarities and differences between animal and plant cells.
• Anatomy of animal cells.
• Anatomy of plant cells.
• A timeline of the development of the microscope from the 1500’s through the 1980’s.
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• This first activity has students the components of animal cells. There are descriptions of the parts, as well as a picture. Both have matching areas to be labeled.
• This second activity has students the components of plant cells. There are descriptions of the parts, as well as a picture. Both have matching areas to be labeled.