This Cells resource includes a PowerPoint presentation with over 65 slides, 3 versions of differentiated notes, and links to 4 videos
. The videos are perfect or the flipped classroom, but can also be used for make-up work when students miss a lecture, as part of a sub plan, or as remediation or enrichment assignments.
The content is comprehensive enough to be used in place of a textbook if necessary, but since it’s EDITABLE, you can customize it to complement any text or other materials you are using by adding, removing, or rearranging slides. Your students will enjoy this visual approach to learning and you will enjoy saving planning time!
This product is also available in these discounted BUNDLES . . .
Cells Unit Bundle:
This bundle contains PowerPoints, Notes, Videos and Task Cards for the Cells Unit.
PowerPoints for Biology Bundle:
This bundle contains all of Science Island's PowerPoint presentations and Notes for Biology without the task cards.
Cells Unit Sequence:
• Cellular Respiration
This download includes 8 files:
2. Cells PowerPoint that includes over 65 slides with stunning photographs and easy to follow diagrams. Students will not be overwhelmed with wordy slides and you will be able to check for understanding with the "Turtle Time" slides embedded throughout the presentation that quiz students on what they have just learned. Additional notes explaining diagrams, concepts, background information, and instructional suggestions are included and can be printed separately or viewed in PowerPoint’s “Notes Page” view or “Presenter View” mode.
Notes: THREE versions of editable student and teacher notes so you can easily differentiate to meet the needs of your students.
3. Version A notes are set up so that the numbered notes correspond with the slides of the PowerPoint. This makes it easier for students to stay on pace with the lecture.
4. Version A Answer Key for Teachers
5. Version B notes are designed in a more traditional style; students will use information presented in the PowerPoint to fill in appropriate information.
6. Version B Answer Key for Teachers
7. Version C notes are fill-in-the-blank style notes that are coordinated with the PowerPoint, but could also be used for students who are absent during the presentation since it could be completed with a textbook or online resources. This version can work well as a quiz or worksheet.
8. Version C Answer Key for Teachers
Videos are Available on a Private You Tube Channel
Video 1: Cells, Part 1: Introduction to Cells (5:48)
Video 2: Cells, Part 2: Membrane Structure and Function (10:49)
Video 3: Cells, Part 3: Organelles (7:22)
Video 4: Cells, Part 4: The Cytoskeleton and Cell Movement (6:17)
Click HERE to watch a fun trailer that highlights the Cells Videos.
Copyright 2016 Science Island
Sharing video links with anyone other than your students is a violation of copyright laws.
Want to learn more about FLIPPED CLASSROOMS
? This Quick Start Guide
will get you well on your way to a Fearless Flip!
I. Introduction to Cells
II. Membrane Structure and Function
IV. Cytoskeleton and Cell Movement
Vocabulary and topics covered in this presentation include:
• Robert Hooke
• cell theory
• plant cells
• animal cells
• plasma membrane
• phospholipid bilayer
• selective permeability
• passive transport
• simple diffusion
• facilitated diffusion
• rough and smooth endoplasmic reticulum
• Golgi apparatus
• large central vacuole
• intermediate filaments
• cell movement
You might also like:
Cells Task Cards
Task Cards for Biology Bundle
Cells Review Qubes
Cellular Respiration PowerPoint and Notes
Photosynthesis PowerPoint and Notes