This is an entire package for the middle school life science unit 'Cells: The Building Blocks of Life' derived from the Prentice Hall text: 'Science Explorer: Life Science'.
1. 'What is Life?' powerpoint complete with pictures and basic animations. Very professional looking. Designed to be given as notes.
2. 'Discovering Cells' powerpoint complete with pictures and basic animations. Very professional looking. Designed to be given as notes.
3. Chapter vocabulary list - includes 26 key vocabulary words
4. Vocabulary 1-13 Quiz - quizzes the first 13 words
5. Vocabulary 14-26 Quiz - quizzes the second 13 words
6. 'What is Life?' Quiz - five questions given orally & answers
7. 'Discovering Cells' Quiz - three questions given orally & answers
8. Big Ideas Worksheet - a catch-all worksheet where students can re-cap the unit and see what they already know and what they need to study. Student worksheet, teacher worksheet and directions are included.
9. Chapter Test - includes multiple choice, short answer, fill in the blank, true/false, essay, and a concept map. (Adapted from ExamView Test Generator)
Does not Include:
1. Notes on cell structure and organelles. I chose not to include in this package since most teachers have their own way they like to cover the organelles. **This topic is still included in the vocabulary quizzes and chapter test.**