A summary of the concepts taught in the Cells in Action topic. Succinct and simple dot points to summarise the topics taught in this unit.
10 Pages (suitable for projection onto whiteboard, large font)
- Common Requirements for Life
- Composition of Organisms (Inorganic)
- Composition of Organisms (Organic)
- Elements that make Carbohydrates, Proteins, Lipids, Nucleic Acids and their subunits
- The role of Vitamins (A, B, C, D, E, K)
- Prokaryotic vs Eukaryotic Cells
- The role of organelles
- The function of membranes, the phospholipid bilayer, the fluid-mosaic model.
- Surface Area to Volume Ratio
- Diffusion, Osmosis, Active and Passive Transport
- Endo and Exocytosis