Cells to Organisms – A Fifth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activity during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (unicellular, organism, multicellular, tissue, organ, and organ system).
• Explanation of single-celled organisms.
• Life processes (growth, response, reproduction, nutrition, respiration, and excretion).
• Cells working together.
• Organ systems in multicellular plants and animals.
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The editable slides/printables:
• This first activity has students complete a matching activity using the following vocabulary: unicellular, organ, reproduction, multicellular, respiration, nutrition, response, organism, excretion, tissue, growth, and organ system.
• This second activity has identify the pictures of cells, tissues, organs, and organ systems in plants and animals (1 picture of each for 8 matching areas).