Cellular Respiration Jeopardy-Style Review Games: Set of 3 Review Games on cellular respiration for biology and life science students in grades 9 - 12.
Spice up your review for unit tests using a fun game format! My students love to review using these Jeopardy Powerpoint review games on cellular respiration. I have found that my students pay far greater attention to the review when it is in a competitive game format.
This product contains three separate review games. Each game has 5 categories and each category has 5 questions. This is a total of 75 review questions.
The 15 categories are:
1. Let's Get Started!
2. Need Energy?
3. The Photosynthesis/Respiration Relationship
5. Glycolysis - Part 1
6. Glycolysis - Part 2
7. The Mitochondria
8. The Bridge Reactions
9. Kreb's Cycle - Part 1
10. Kreb's Cycle - Part 2
11. The Final Stage
12. Electron Transport
13. ATP Accounting
14. Fermentation One
15. Fermentation Two
Topics covered are:
1. The importance of food.
2. Chemical energy and ATP, structure of the ATP molecule, the conversion of ADP to ATP.
3. The relationship between photosynthesis and respiration, the reactants and products of photosynthesis and respiration, the use and release of energy in photosynthesis and respiration.
4. Overview of Respiration, definition, equation for respiration, types of respiration, stages of respiration.
5, Details of glycolysis, ATP use, ATP production, NADH, end products, advantages and disadvantages of glycolysis.
6. The fate of pyruvic acid, what happens if oxygen is present, what happens if oxygen is absent.
7. Overview of aerobic respiration, Krebs cycle, electron transport chain, differences in respiration in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, structure of the mitochondria.
8. The bridge reaction of the conversion of pyruvic acid to acetyl CoA.
9. The Krebs cycle, ATP production, NADH production, FADH2 production, carbon dioxide release.
10. Summary of the Krebs cycle
11. The electron transport chain, definition, use of NADH and FADH2, the pumping of hydrogen protons across the membrane, ATP synthase, ATP production, the production of water.
12. Recap of electron transport
13. ATP accounting
15. Alcoholic fermentation
16. Lactic acid fermentation
17. The evolution of anaerobic and aerobic pathways.
18. A comparison of photosynthesis and respiration.
This game was written with a typical biology I class in mind. It can easily be edited to make the questions more simple, or more advanced.
Note: This game is in reverse format from a normal Jeopardy game. This game asks a question, and the student supplies the answer. I have found that the normal Jeopardy format is a bit confusing to my students. This format insures a better review before a test.
Related products include:
Cellular Respiration PowerPoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Cellular Respiration Task Cards
Biology Buzz Words: Cellular Respiration
Lab: Measuring the Energy in Foods
Test: Cellular Respiration
Lab: Gas Exchange in Cellular Respiration
Cellular respiration quiz/homework
Lab: Measuring Differences in Muscular Activity
Cellular Respiration Quizzes - Set of 3
Cellular Respiration Crossword Puzzle
Cellular Respiration Homework and Study Guide
Lab: The Use of Glucose in Cellular Respiration
Using Cabbage Juice as an Indicator of Carbon Dioxide Production in Cellular Respiration
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page