Cellular Respiration PowerPoint with Teacher Lecture Notes and Student Guided Notes Outline. The Power Point is designed to hold the attention of your students. The 72 slides are bright and colorful and contain loads and loads of visually appealing pictures and images. Animations and transitions are included to allow you to control the pace of the lesson. This product also includes a set of notes for the teacher (11 pages) and a set of notes for the student (16 pages).
What is included in this product?
• A 72 Slide PowerPoint (Colorful and visually appealing!)
• 11-Page set of lecture notes for the teacher.
• 16-page guided notes outline for the student.
Topics covered are:
- The importance of food.
- Chemical energy and ATP, structure of the ATP molecule, the conversion of ADP to ATP.
- The relationship between photosynthesis and respiration, the reactants and products of photosynthesis and respiration, the use and release of energy in photosynthesis and respiration.
- Overview of Respiration: Definition, equation for respiration, types of respiration, stages of respiration.
- Details of glycolysis, ATP use, ATP production, NADH, end products, advantages and disadvantages of glycolysis.
- The fate of pyruvic acid, what happens if oxygen is present, what happens if oxygen is absent.
- Overview of aerobic respiration, Krebs cycle, electron transport chain, differences in respiration in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, structure of the mitochondria.
- The bridge reaction of the conversion of pyruvic acid to acetyl CoA.
- The Krebs cycle, ATP production, NADH production, FADH2 production, carbon dioxide release.
- Summary of the Krebs cycle.
- The electron transport chain, definition, use of NADH and FADH2, the pumping of hydrogen protons across the membrane, ATP synthase, ATP production, the production of water.
- Recap of electron transport
- ATP accounting
- Alcoholic fermentation
- Lactic acid fermentation
- The evolution of anaerobic and aerobic pathways.
- A comparison of photosynthesis and respiration.
This PowerPoint is appropriate for any biology student in grades 9 - 12. It can be used in first or second year biology classes.
Also included is a set of notes to accompany this PowerPoint. It includes a complete set of notes for the teacher, and an outline of the notes for the students. Students will use the outline as the PowerPoint is being presented and will fill in the notes as the lesson is being taught.
Related Products Include:
Cellular Respiration Task Cards
Lab: Measuring the Energy in Foods
Biology Buzz Words: Cellular Respiration
Test: Cellular Respiration
Jeopardy Review Games on Respiration - Set of 3 Games
Lab: Gas Exchange in Cellular Respiration
Cellular respiration quiz/homework
Cell Structure and Physiology Interactive Notebook Pages, Warm Ups, or Bell Ringers
Lab: Measuring Differences in Muscular Activity
Cellular Respiration Crossword Puzzle
Cellular Respiration Homework and Study Guide
Lab: The Use of Glucose in Cellular Respiration
Using Cabbage Juice as an Indicator of Carbon Dioxide Production in Cellular Respiration
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page