This document can be used as a homework assignment, a quiz, a test, or just for test review. It contains 62 fill in the blank questions on cellular respiration.
Suitable for biology and life science students in grades 9 - 12.
Topics covered are:
• The importance of food.
• Chemical energy and ATP, structure of the ATP molecule, the conversion of ADP to ATP.
• The relationship between photosynthesis and respiration, the reactants and products of photosynthesis and respiration, the use and release of energy in photosynthesis and respiration.
• Overview of Respiration: Definition, equation for respiration, types of respiration, stages of respiration.
• Details of glycolysis, ATP use, ATP production, NADH, end products, advantages and disadvantages of glycolysis.
• The fate of pyruvic acid, what happens if oxygen is present, what happens if oxygen is absent.
• Overview of aerobic respiration, Krebs cycle, electron transport chain, differences in respiration in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, structure of the mitochondria.
• The bridge reaction of the conversion of pyruvic acid to acetyl CoA.
• The Krebs cycle, ATP production, NADH production, FADH2 production, carbon dioxide release.
• Summary of the Krebs cycle.
• The electron transport chain, definition, use of NADH and FADH2, the pumping of hydrogen protons across the membrane, ATP synthase, ATP production, the production of water.
• Recap of electron transport
• ATP accounting
• Alcoholic fermentation
• Lactic acid fermentation
• The evolution of anaerobic and aerobic pathways.
• A comparison of photosynthesis and respiration.
All answers are included.
Your download will include both a Word document and a pdf version. This was written for a typical biology class.
Related products include:
Cellular Respiration PowerPoint with Notes for Student and Teacher
Lab: Measuring the Energy in Foods
Cellular Respiration Task Cards
Lab: Gas Exchange in Cellular Respiration
Lab: Measuring Differences in Muscular Activity
Cellular Respiration Crossword Puzzle
Set of 3 Respiration quizzes
Jeopardy Review Games on Respiration - Set of 3 Games
Biology Buzz Words: Cellular Respiration
Cellular Respiration Homework and Study Guide
Lab: The Use of Glucose in Respiration
Using Cabbage Juice as an Indicator of Carbon Dioxide Production in Cellular Respiration
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com
My Facebook Page