Cellular Respiration Unit Test
This is a 105 question test on cellular respiration. This test is appropriate for high school biology classes, grades 9 - 12.
Please Note: This test is included in my Cellular Respiration Complete Unit Plan Bundle, which can be viewed by clicking this link.
Topics covered are:
1. The importance of food.
2. Chemical energy and ATP, structure of the ATP molecule, the conversion of ADP to ATP.
3. The relationship between photosynthesis and respiration, the reactants and products of photosynthesis and respiration, the use and release of energy in photosynthesis and respiration.
4. Overview of Respiration, definition, equation for respiration, types of respiration, stages of respiration.
5, Details of glycolysis, ATP use, ATP production, NADH, end products, advantages and disadvantages of glycolysis.
6. The fate of pyruvic acid, what happens if oxygen is present, what happens if oxygen is absent.
7. Overview of aerobic respiration, Krebs cycle, electron transport chain, differences in respiration in prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, structure of the mitochondria.
8. The bridge reaction of the conversion of pyruvic acid to acetyl CoA.
9. The Krebs cycle, ATP production, NADH production, FADH2 production, carbon dioxide release.
10. Summary of the Krebs cycle
11. The electron transport chain, definition, use of NADH and FADH2, the pumping of hydrogen protons across the membrane, ATP synthase, ATP production, the production of water.
12. Recap of electron transport
13. ATP accounting
15. Alcoholic fermentation
16. Lactic acid fermentation
17. The evolution of anaerobic and aerobic pathways.
18. A comparison of photosynthesis and respiration.
The test consists of 57 fill in the blank questions, 41 multiple choice questions and 7 matching questions..
Your download will consist of a test that is ready to be copied and passed out to your students. Do you like for your students to write on the test, or not? I have included two versions of the test. On the first version, students are provided an answer sheet on which students can record their answers. The second version is set up so that students can write directly on the test.
You will receive both a Word document as well as a pdf of the test.
All answers are also included.
Related Products Include:
Cellular Respiration PowerPoint with Notes for Student and Teacher
Cellular Respiration Task Cards
Lab: Testing for Organic Compounds
Biology Buzz Words: Cellular Respiration
Jeopardy Review Games on Respiration - Set of 3 Games
Lab: Measuring the Energy in Foods
Lab: Gas Exchange in Cellular Respiration
Cellular respiration quiz/homework
Lab: Soil Communities
Cellular Respiration Crossword Puzzle
Set of 3 Respiration quizzes
Cellular Respiration Homework and Study Guide
Lab: The Use of Glucose in Respiration
Using Cabbage Juice as an Indicator of Carbon Dioxide Production in Cellular Respiration
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)