Also included in
- Fully editable and Complete 5E Lesson. Everything you need to teach a unit on Photosynthesis and Cellular Respiration. This fully-editable, no prep bundle follows the 5E model and provides step-by-step instructions on how to implement it in your classroom. The included lesson has been fully updated$14.97$27.95Save $12.98
This fully editable Lab Station Activity on Cellular Respiration and Photosynthesis is meant to get your students out of their seats and engaged in the content. Each station not only offers a unique opportunity to test your students knowledge (offer an opinion, answer questions based on a video or reading, draw, etc.), but also provides a fantastic learning opportunity where your kids are learning through assessment. Each station comes with a description card while some also contain more detailed instructions, a reading, questions to answer, etc. Students are equipped with a recording sheet (passport) to write their answers. There is almost no prep for you. Simply print the cards, lay them out around the room and you're all set. An answer key is also provided where applicable.
- Self-explanatory and the kids loved it! FANTASTIC!
- "Love lab station activities - My students love your worksheets and materials - they help clarify some abstract concepts and are overall fun to do."
- "Thank YOU! It was perfect :-)"
- "my students really enjoyed this and I loved the no prep part!!"
- "Great Resource!"
- "Very useful as review and my evaluator was very impressed with how engaged the students were "
- "I'm so excited about adding these to my curriculum, I think the students will respond well and I appreciate the obvious care and effort put into creating them!"
- "Great set of activities"
- "Another great resource from you!!!"
- "Well organized! My students loved the stations."
- "Very well put together."
- "This was a really nice, comprehensive review of photosynthesis and respiration. I liked the different challenges presented at each station and the different modalities of questions and answers. Students enjoyed the activity and were able to clearly compare and contrast respiration and photosynthesis."
- "so wonderful"
- "My students enjoy these labs!!"
- "Awesome resource for a foundations class in biology."
These station cards are meant to be used as a lab activity but can also be utilized in a review task before a test or a quiz. Used either way, your students will love it! I know mine do and I'm telling you from first-hand experience as I've used this activity in my own class,
This lab activity covers:
- Cellular Respiration
Bonus Activities: To ensure your students don’t have any downtime between stations, your lab also includes a 10-word word scramble and word search, both with an answer key. You can use them as part of their mark, as a bonus so it’s not mandatory, etc. However you choose to use it, it will ensure that your students are always busy and never idle. Note: For stronger classes, I give the word scramble and for weaker ones, the word search.
- "I used this as a test review and it worked well. I like doing stations in my classroom and students enjoy it too!"
- "Love using this station resource! Thanks!"
You might also be interested in the following activities as they relate directly to photosynthesis and cellular respiration.
Senior Biology if you're looking for something a little more advanced:
How do the Lab Stations work? Each station is specially designed to be a unique complement to the material while at the same time, provide a valuable learning experience. Below is an overview of how each station works. In your activity, each will be tailored to the specific content.
Station 1: Get Hands-On – using their creative skills, students are required to draw or build.
Station 2: Research ���� using a classroom computer or their own device, students must research a specific question/issue surrounding the topic.
Station 3: Explain yourself – students write down an opinion to a question in paragraph form.
Station 4: Rest Station - students can use this time to catch up on work they didn't have time to complete at a previous station or prepare themselves for an upcoming one.
Station 5 - Applicability reading – students read a short passage from an article, website, etc. which directly connects the classroom content to a real life application.
Station 6: Test your knowledge – students answer 5 multiple choice questions then provide a written explanation for how/why they came to their conclusions.
Station 7: Learn from the expert – using a classroom computer or their own device, students must watch a short video clip and answer the associated questions. They may stop, rewind and restart as often as they like during the time frame.
Station 8 - Rest Station.
Station 9: Become the question master – Students must create 2 multiple-choice questions, 2 true/false questions and 1 short answer question. Students must also supply the answers.
You might also be interested in my other lab station activities
Ecology and the Environment:
These station cards are meant to be used as a lab activity but can also be utilized in a review task before a test or a quiz. Used either way, your students will love it! I know mine do and I'm telling you from first-hand experience as I've used this activity in my own class.
Thank you for your interest in my products. If you have any questions, please send me an email - email@example.com