This is an entire unit on Cellular, Sexual and Asexual Reproduction. This unit includes 6 sets of templated notes with teacher masters, 6 powerpoint presentations, 5 activities (class and individual), review, 6 quizzes and a unit test all with teacher masters. All presentations include incredible and colorful images and some include animations.
This unit covers the following learning outcomes:
1. Explain the process of cell division
- identify the contents of the nucleus: chromosomes, DNA, genes, and nucleolus
- explain the significance of cell division, with reference to the basic relationship between genes and proteins
- describe, in sequence the stages and features of the cell cycle, including mitosis and cytokinesis
- describe factors that may lead to changes in a cell's genetic information
- describe cancer as abnormal cell division
- distinguish meiosis from mitosis in terms of outcomes (ie. number of chromosomes and number of daughter cells)
2. Relate the processes of cell division and emerging reproductive technologies to
- distinguish between male and female gametes
- describe the process by which a single zygote forms (fertilization) and develops
- explain the role of stem cells in embryonic development
3. Compare sexual and asexual reproduction in terms of advantages and
- distinguish between sexual reproduction and asexual reproduction in representative organisms
- relate sexual and asexual reproduction to adaptability of organisms
Please check out the Preview Files as it contains a Unit Outline listing every file included in this unit as well as product samples.
This is a great, user friendly unit that I have sold to over 200 teachers in Canada. I have had great reviews.