Your download contains Microsoft Word documents (.doc) and a PowerPoint (.ppt) to teach an entire unit about Cellular Transport- including Passive Transport (Osmosis, Diffusion, Facilitated Diffusion) and Active Transport (Proton Pumps, Sodium Potassium Pumps, Bulk Transport, etc.). It consists of:
• Learning Targets Student Handout (2 pages) so students can pre- and post- assess their knowledge of the topics, this page also includes study questions
• Cellular Transport Vocabulary Worksheet (1 page) and Answer Key (1 page)
• Cellular Transport Notes- Fill in version for students (4 pages), and Teacher Answer Key with teaching tips/demonstration ideas (5 pages)
• Cellular Transport PowerPoint which goes along with the notes packet (23 slides)
• Osmosis Lab- including Pre-Lab Notes (2 pages) and Teacher Answer Key (2 pages), Pre-Lab Questions (2 pages) and Teacher Answer Key (2 pages), Osmosis Color Diagram Worksheet (1 page), Lab Directions (3 pages), and Results Data Sheet with Post-Lab Questions (4 pages)
• Cellular Transport Study Guide Review Worksheet (2 pages)
• Cellular Transport Quiz (2 pages) and Teacher Answer Key (2 pages)
• Remediation Worksheet (2 pages)- I give these to students who fail the quiz and need extra help before moving on to a new topic, however these questions can also be used for a study guide or quiz
The lab activity requires a balance, rules and/or calipers, cups, distilled water, salt, gummy bears, raisins, dried cherries (or other dried fruit), dialysis tubing, string, corn starch, iodine, Elodea plant (sold at pet stores), eye droppers, microscopes, slides, and coverslips.
The unit was designed for Biology I high school students but is also appropriate for middle school science.
* more thumbnail images can be found in the preview