Frog and Toad Together had a makeover. If you already own this product, please redownload for free. I want you to get all of the new ideas.
Included are all of the activities that you will need for six centers to
reinforce “Frog and Toad Together.” (Reading Street) There are also many printables that can be used for review sheets, morning work, and fun activities Common Core Standards are listed for the Language Arts and Math activities. There are High-Frequency Word Cards and Amazing Word Cards that can be used for display or teaching tools.
Spelling Center –
Rainbow write spelling words/
Use letter tiles to spell the words/
Find the correct frame for each spelling word/
Write spelling words in ABC order/
Word Search for spelling words/
Write sentences with spelling words
High-Frequency Word Center
Use cards with the high-frequency words as flashcards/
Use play-doe to spell each word/
Use letter stamps to spell each word/
Write sentences with words
Sort words by number of syllables
Phonics Center –
Use a magnifying glass and search for words and then write the words/
Phonics Sort words with –ed and –ing endings/ Write the words on the recording sheet.
Write th ar word to match the picture.
Listening Center –
After listening to or reading “Frog and Toad Together” answer questions about the story. Questions are included that review the comprehension skills for the week
Writing Center –
Write a fantasy story about a frog. Read the questions and answer them in a complete sentence.
Put "Frog and Toad Together" in sequence – cut and paste
Write a story about a real frog.
Match Amazing Words to their picture and definition. Choose two words, write the definition, write a sentence, draw a picture/ Cut out Amazing Words/ Match them with the correct picture
Highlight the verb in each sentence/
Write the verb
Write the future and past tense of verbs
(1) Color a girl petting a hen correctly by reading words with –es, -ing, -ed, and –s endings
(2) Add to find spelling words.
(3) Color a hundred's chart to find a high-frequency word
(4) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(5) Write the correct word to finish the sentence.
(6) Find the number by counting tens and ones. Write the number and find High-Frequency Words.
(7) Read “How to Fix up a Yard”/ Answer questions and illustrate the story
(8) Color a picture of a car by reading words with the ar sound
(9) Read a story. Find the author's purpose.
(10) Read a story. Visualize. Finish the picture of the pond.
Spelling Words and HFW are included for your Word Wall..