Where Are My Animal Friends got a makeover on November 24, 2015. If you already own this product, please redownload for free to get all of the new printables.
Included are all of the activities that you will need for six centers to
reinforce “Where Are My Animal Friends?.” (Reading Street) There are also many printables that can be used for review sheets, morning work, and fun activities Common Core Standards are listed for the Language Arts and Math activities. There are High-Frequency Word Cards and Amazing Word Cards that can be used for display or teaching tools. This is a great supplement to use with your Reading Street Curriculum.
Spelling Center –
Rainbow write spelling words/
Use letter tiles to spell the words/
Find the correct frame for each spelling word/
Write spelling words in ABC order/
Word Search for spelling words
High-Frequency Word Center –
Use cards with the high-frequency words as flashcards/
Use play-doe to spell each word/
Use letter stamps to spell each word/
Write sentences with words/
Sort words by number of syllables
Phonics Center –
Use a magnifying glass and search for words and then write the words/
Write sentences with phonics words.
Listening Center –
After listening to “Where Are My Animal Friends?” answer questions about the story. Questions are included that review the comprehension skills for the week
Writing Center –
Write a story about a squirrel storing nuts. Read the questions and answer them in a complete sentence. /
Cut and paste what the animals do in the winter
Write a story about a raccoon.
Match Amazing Words and Selection Words to their picture and definition. Choose two words, write the definition, write a sentence, draw a picture
Highlight the contraction and write it
(1) Color the picture by reading dge words
(2) Add to find spelling words.
(3) Color a hundred's chart to find a high-frequency word.
(4) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(5) Write the correct word to finish the sentence.
(6) Find the number by counting tens and ones. Write the number and find High-Frequency Words.
(7) Add and then find spelling words
(8) Read a story. Draw Conclusions
(9) Read “Star”/ answer questions and illustrate the story.
(10) Color a picture of a turtle by reading words with endings –er, -est, ed, es, -ing.
Spelling Words and HFW are provided for your Word Wall.