This packet includes activities for six centers that reinforce the
skills taught in Mister Bones: Dinosaur Hunter. It also has many printables that can be used for Morning Work, Fun Stuff, and Review Time. The printables and centers are fun, but they include the Common Core Standards. The standards included are listed. This is a great supplement to use with your Reading Street Curriculum.
Spelling Center – Rainbow write the spelling words/ Use letter tiles to spell the words/ Spell words using frames/ Write sentences with the words/ Put the words in ABC order
High-Frequency Word Center – Use letter stamps and spell the words/ Use play-doe to trace the words/ Write the word and color the words the given color./ Write sentences with the words/ Sort the words by the number of syllables
Phonics Center – Use a magnifying glass and find oa words and words with endings/ Phonics Game = sort oa, ow words and record your words.
Listening Center – After listening to ‘Mister Bones: Dinosaur Hunter”, students will answer questions about the story.
Writing Center – Students will write a story about a day with a dinosaur.
Vocabulary Center - Match Amazing Words and Selection Words to their definition/ Choose one word to write a sentence and draw a picture.
(1) Find the number by giving the number that comes next counting by 10's. Then find high-frequency words.
(2) Find the sums and differences to find oa and ow words.
(3) Read and color words that have the digraph oa and ow
(4) Color a hundred's chart to find an ow word.
(5) Word Search for spelling words
(6) Color a hundred's chart to find an oa word.
(7) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(8) Write the correct word to finish the sentence.
(9) Read a story and answer the questions
Read the sentence and color by using adjectives
Find and color the adjectives in the puzzle
Write adjectives to describe a dinosaur