Included are the centers and printables to reinforce the Phonics, Spelling, High-Frequency Words, Amazing Words, Selection Words, and Conventions from A Lady in the Moon. This is a great supplement to use with your Reading Street Curriculum.
Spelling Center – Rainbow write the spelling words/ Use letter tiles to spell the words/ Spell words using frames/ Write sentences with words/ Put words in ABC order
High-Frequency Word Center – Use letter stamps and spell the words/ Use play-doe to trace the words/ Write the word and color the words the given color./ Write sentences with words/ Sort words by the number of syllables
Phonics Center – Use a magnifying glass and find ie and igh words and words with consonant patterns kn and wr/ Phonics Game = sort kn and wr words and record your words.
Listening Center – After listening to ‘The Lady in the Moon.”, students will answer questions about the story.
Writing Center – Students will write a story about a trip to the moon.
Vocabulary Center - Match Amazing Words with definitions/ Choose one word and write the definition, a sentence, and draw a picture of the word.
(1) Find the number by giving the number that comes next when counting by 10’s using a counting chart. Then find high-frequency words.
(2) Find the number by using place value to make spelling words.
(3) Read and color words that have the digraphs ie and igh to color a rocket.
(4) Word Search for spelling words
(5) Color a hundred's chart to find an ie word.
(7) Roll the dice to practice writing spelling words.
(8) Write the correct word to finish the sentence.
(9) Read the story and answer the questions.
Highlight the adjective in each sentence. Write the adjective.
Color the adjectives in the puzzle
Write adjectives to describe the moon.