Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
1.14 MB | 21 pages
In this playlist, students explore standard RI.8.2. They will determine the central idea of a text and analyze its development over the course of a text, determining
when it first appears and when it is reinforced by details in the text. Students will explain which supporting ideas in the text support the central idea. Students also have the option to view instructional videos and complete practice quizzes or activities.
The playlist includes:
• 3 links to instructional videos or texts
• 2 links to practice quizzes or activities
• 1 assessment that includes three multiple choice questions, one fill-in-the-blank question, and one chronological ordering question
• Definitions of key terms, such as central idea
• Excerpts from several nonfiction texts
Accompanying Teaching Notes include:
• Additional activities and writing prompts to help your students explore the standard
• Links to additional practice quizzes or activities
• An answer guide with correct answers, answer choice rationales, and DOK levels