Also included in
- While it may seem straight forward, central messages can be a very difficult concept for students- especially when asked to explain how they know. This bundle was created to help students retell fictional stories to identify the central message (theme or moral) of the story.If you are buy this bundl$8.00$10.00Save $2.00
- This bundle includes 6 of my bestselling FICTION differentiated reading packets. There are over 70 fictional passages included! Each packet was created to help students to master first grade reading standards with leveled texts that your students will find interesting and engaging! Trust me, your ki$18.00$24.00Save $6.00
- This bundle includes 12 of my bestselling differentiated reading packets. There are 6 Non-Fiction standards addressed and 6 fiction standards. There are a total of 75 fictional passages and 70 non-fiction passages. Each packet was created to help students to master first grade reading standards with$32.00$47.00Save $15.00
This no prep ELA Print and Go Packet provides opportunities for your students to identify the central message in 12 unique passages. While it may seem straight forward, central message can be a very difficult concept for students- especially when asked to explain how they know. This packet was created to help students retell stories in order to identify the central message (theme or moral) of the story.
All 12 texts have been leveled using Lexile and range somewhere between 200 - 400L (Levels F-J) to ensure they are readable for your students. These are great for reading centers, independent practice, morning work, homework, small group instruction and more! This was written for my 1st grade classroom, but it is useful for 2nd graders who need additional fluency and comprehension practice for more advanced Kindergartners. This is a quick and easy to use activity packet for finding the central message or lesson in a text.
⭐ 12 task cards that print 4 to a page. Use these task cards as a “scoot” game or tape the task cards to the wall to “read the room.” Have your students record the central messages in their journals or using the included organizer
⭐ 12 central messages task cards that I associate with the 12 stories on their own task cards. Have the students match the story to the central message
⭐ Blank task card template for you to write in your own central messages if you have one that you think better fits a certain story
⭐ 12 passages that print 2 to a page. They fit perfectly into a reading journal or interactive notebook.
- Format 1: Asks for students to identify the central message and then write how they know - explaining their reasoning from evidence in the story.
- Format 2: Asks for students to identify the central message and then write how they can apply it in their own life - making connections from the text to self
***The stories are the same in the task cards and passages - only the format changes. This is to allow you to mix and match according to the different needs and abilities of your students; as well as to your teaching needs.***
Everything is offered in color or black & white for your convenience!
1. Help others in need
2. Be patient
3. Follow the rules to stay safe
4. Do not lie
5. Don't give up
6. Be thankful
7. Keep your promises
8. Appreciate what you have
9. Show kindness to others (Be a good friend)
10. Stand up to bullies
11.Be brave (Don't be afraid)
12. Work together as a team
Still have questions? Check out my preview to see exactly what you will get if you purchase this product!
Thanks for stopping by my store! Looking for more from me? Let's Connect!
I ❤ Followers!
Be the first to know about new products and freebies! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page. Please leave feedback if you purchase this product; happy teaching :).