Also included in
- This Reading Centers Fiction Bundle includes three formats (print and 2 digital) with interactive games that target key reading comprehension skills using 3rd grade literature. You’ll love using these reading games in literacy centers, for independent work, for whole-class games, and for test prep.T$18.00$31.50Save $13.50
- This yearlong bundle of Reading Centers for 3rd grade includes three formats for each reading game (print and 2 digital) and will give your students interactive practice that reinforces ALL FICTION and NONFICTION READING STANDARDS! You’ll love using these for literacy centers, for independent work,$35.00$66.50Save $31.50
This Central Message: Finding the Moral Center for 3rd graders includes three formats (print and 2 digital) and is an engaging way to give your students practice finding the central message of a story using a fun game format! You’ll love using this reading game in literacy centers, for independent work, for whole-class games, and for test prep.
The three formats, print, Google Forms, and interactive PDFs give you lots of flexibility in teaching and learning options! The Google Forms format is a great NO PREP, self-grading, and gathering data option. The interactive PDFs can be used on most digital learning platforms including Google Classroom™, but can also be downloaded to a student’s device and played off WiFi! Kids still enjoy the hands-on print task cards for partner or small group games.
Here’s what it includes:
32 Central Message Task Cards
Google Forms (4 smaller sets for easier assigning)
PDF Interactive Digital Game (4 smaller sets for easier assigning)
Two Tic Tac Toe printable Game Boards (color and black and white)
Tic Tac Toe Markers (one set in color and one set in black and white)
Center Directions for Students (Includes an editable version too)
Detailed Teacher Notes
Getting Started Guide for How to Assign Interactive PDF Games
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the Reading Centers Yearlong Bundle Fiction & Nonfiction Reading Games for 3rd Grade (Click Here)
Why you'll love this resource:
- This reading center is carefully aligned to cover the central message reading standard!
- This game gives your students concentrated practice in a format that seems less overwhelming than large passages.
- Your students will enjoy playing the game!
- There are editable directions, so you can decide how you'd like your students to play.
- The Google Forms are NO PREP, SELF-GRADING, and provides data for you.
- The interactive PDF version is NO PREP, self-checking, and gives students immediate feedback.
- The multiple-choice format makes the print version easy to grade.
- There are so many ways to use the game, from literacy centers, whole class game times, one on one work, exit slips, to test prep, and more!!!
- The reading game is Common Core Aligned but has no Common Core notations and coordinates well with a number of different sets of standards including TEKS and VSOL.
This resource targets the following: Recount stories, including fables, folktales, and myths from diverse cultures; determine the central message, lesson, or moral and explain how it is conveyed through key details in the text. RL3.2
This Central Message Reading Center is also part of the Reading Centers Fiction Bundle for 3rd Grade.
These centers are included in the Fiction Centers Bundle:
Interested in the Nonfiction Reading Centers Bundle?
Here are the nonfiction centers:
Want to try a FREE center? This FREE Character Traits Center has 32 matching ice cream scoops and cones in 3 formats (print, and 2 digital)! There are mini-character trait stories on the scoops and character traits on the ice cream cones!
Need another grade?
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star above.
Thanks so much,
©The Teacher Next Door™
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom or by one homeschool parent for his/her children. If you would like to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
This resource may only be placed on a password-protected website for your students, like Google Classroom™, SeeSaw, etc. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server. Please email me if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.