Investigate the Geography and Statistics
of the Central and South American Countries
with an engaging and content-strong lesson resource!
This is a student-centered investigation of the Geography and statistics of Central & South America
for an introduction to a unit on the Geography
of the region.
Mapping of Region
Students may be assigned to work individually, or they may be assigned to work in small groups to complete the atlas review. Most textbooks have an Atlas
section for each continent that will provide all of the needed information for this activity. If you would rather this be an online activity,students may use the websites suggested or one of your choice.
This is planned for a 90 minute class period, but could be split for a 2-day traditional schedule. If students do not finish in class, it would also be a good homework assignment.
Includes summary and wrap-up questions to help students evaluate the information and to make comparisons to earlier studies of the U.S. or other parts of the world.
This lesson is part of a 10 day complete unit
available in my TpT store. Look for the Central & South America Complete Unit
for fun activities that are student centered for optimal learning and skills practice.
Central & South America Complete Unit
• Central & South America Investigation Activity
• Central and South America Geography Task Cards Activity Latin American
• Central and South America Overview Interactive Lecture Notes Latin America
• Central and South America Vocabulary Activity
• Central and South America Geography Unit Test and Study Guide
• Central and South America Complete Unit Geography of Latin America
Other activities, games, student assignments and complete units are available for Geography, World History, and U.S. History at my TpT store! Check back often for even newer materials!