Students will create a ceramic “Taco” fish using a circular slab of clay and acrylic or glaze paint.
In this lesson, each student will:
• Create a taco fish out of clay and clay tools.
• Use the design elements of line, shape, texture, form and color to create their clay fish.
• Review proper techniques used when working with clay and clay tools.
• Understand the method of “scratch and attach” when applying 2 pieces of clay together.
• Learn the difference between working with glaze and acrylic paint.
• Respond to and analyze the work of their peers and discuss connections to their own work.