Cereal Lab Experiment: This lab experiment doesn't just extract the iron from cereal, students will compare the amount of iron they extract to the amount Total says there should be!
There are three pages to this lab:
1. Introduction: which includes:
* Discusses elements, compounds & mixtures
* What iron is found in (foods)
* Why iron is needed for a healthy diet
* What can happen if the body doesn’t get enough iron
* Why iron is added to food
2. Procedure and Lab questions: which include:
* Students calculate how many grams of iron is in a single serving of Total, and then the entire box
* Students calculate the difference between their expected and experimental results.
3. A page of notes for you: which includes:
* Helpful tips for successful results
* A couple of tips you need to know before buying this product:
** You will need a strong magnet (preferably a neodymium magnet the size of at least a quarter)
** You will need an electronic scale that can measure up to the 100ths place.
Students really enjoy this lab, as they can actually see the iron pulled from the Cereal.
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Beside each purchase you will see a "Provide Feedback" button. On your "My Purchases" page, you will see a list of products you have purchased and a link to provide feedback. Remember, you earn TPT credits to use to purchase other products. These credits are just like cash! So please leave a feedback review, it would be much appreciated :)
I ♥ Followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the “Follow Me” star under Science Spot.
Please assess the quality of my work by downloading my free product:
Solar System: The Planet Mercury: A Solar System Tour
If you found the above product helpful, you might be interested in other products in my store: Science Spot
If you are looking for a specific topic, feel free to browse my categories:
---------------- Burns & skin Pathology, Heart, Muscle, Nerves, etc.
------------- Solar System, Constellations, Moon Phases, Seasons, Planets, etc.
----------------- Fossil record, Organelles, Evolution, Lab activities, etc.
-------------- Scientific Method, States of Matter, The Elements, etc.
♦ Dichotomous Keys
--- Reptiles, Amphibians, Invertebrates, Dogs, Zoo animals etc.
♦ Earth Science
--------- Rock cycle, Volcanoes, Layers of the Earth, Earthquakes, etc
------------------ Jeopardy, Money Wheel, Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
---------------- Easter, Mother's Day, etc.
♦ Lab Experiments
----- Scientific Method, Cells, Plants, Water, etc.
------------- Greek & Roman Gods, Planets, Halloween.
♦ Science Projects
----- Science Fair Bacteria Experiment
♦ Science Cootie Catchers
- Solar System, Moon phases, Rock cycle, Earthquakes, Planets
♦ Literacy Cootie Catchers
- Reading comprehension with Bloom's Taxonomy
♦ Math Cootie Catchers
- Fractions: Decimal, Percent, Improper, Equivalent, etc.
~Lessons Only by Science Spot
Copyright © 2015 Science Spot. All rights reserved.
This purchase is for you and your classroom. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or for commercial purposes is strictly forbidden. Please have other teachers purchase their own copy. If you are a school or district interested in purchasing several licenses, please contact me for a district-wide quote.