Cesar Chavez and the UFW - I left the text intact, but removed most of the pictures. I did this so that you may print it out and make copies on fewer sheets (total of 4 below; 2 front and back). I put a couple of questions out of order so the students would have to "dig" a little more into the article.
The following may be used in several ways such as:
1. a standalone lesson on Cesar Chavez (biographical, historical, etc.)
2. part of a unit on Cesar Chavez
3. a lesson on unions (history, political)
4. tie-in for Martin Luther King, Jr. (both men employed similar strategies at about the same time.
5. tie-in to short stories such as "The Circuit" or "Picking Strawberries."