This 21-slide presentation covers key idea in Ch.6-10 of the fun, and exciting novel Holes by Louis Sachar. This presentation provides multiple days of skill builders and suggested student- centered activities.
The presentation includes the following slides:
1) Lesson Objectives and Guiding Questions
2) Review of Plot Pyramid
3) Definition of Rising Action
4) Reading Check
5)Reading Check Answer Key
6) Stanley's "Big Crime Discussion"
7)Dissecting the Yelnats' Family Curse
8) Tracking Key Themes Activity
9) Discussion/Prompt Questions Related to Themes
10) Closure: Response to Louis Sachar Quotation
11) Areas for Further Exploration
12) Suggested Supplemental Sites
This presentation has been designed with students and teachers in mind. Slides are comprised of bright clear images, student-centered activities, and skill activities based on common core standards and expectations. You can spend more time with your students when you don't have to worry about creating your presentation.
Please leave user feedback if this is helpful in your classroom. Thank you :)