Chains Pre-Reading Activities & Lesson Plans
Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson is a powerful and moving coming of age novel set during the American Revolution. The novel follows the experiences of Isabel, a young slave girl, as she is denied freedom in a colony that is determined to free itself.
In this product, Chains is divided into six roughly equal parts. Each section has a corresponding lesson plan and handouts. Students engage in discussion, research, debate, and creative projects prior to reading the different sections of Chains in order to prepare students to read the historical and emotional content of the novel.
Included in this Package:
- 6 Lesson Plans (with tips for using the product in the classroom)
- 6 Pre-Reading Activity Handouts & Supplemental Materials
- 1 Alternative Assignment
You might enjoy these similar products from our store.
- Chains Discussion Questions
- Chains Literature Circle Comprehensive Materials
- Declaration of Independence Introductory Activity
We Love Followers
Be the first to see new products and receive news about discounts. Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page, or click the red “Follow Me” star on my store homepage.
Thank you for shopping at our store!