This resource is my extensive research project on the environmental challenges we are currently facing. Students will be introduced to each challenge in a PowerPoint that includes a brief description and overview of each topic. Once they have chosen a topic, students will then research, plan, create and then present their environmental challenge to the class in a format of their choice. The lesson plan includes differentiation of presentation formats as well as an editable rubrics for both verbal and written presentations. This research project covers the following topics:
This resource includes:
1. Four day lesson plans of instructions, pre-instructional planning, lesson objectives, materials list, group discussion questions, warm up/exit tickets, research topics, example questions, high order thinking questions, three different presentation formats, and contingency plan for diverse learners. 14 pages.
2. List of weblinks, Youtube videos and articles for students to use while researching their topic. 10 pages.
3. Verbal and written rubric forms (editable). 2 pages.
4. Presenter feedback form. 2 half sheets- 1 page.
5. Student example
6. Student Organizer/Planning Sheet. (pdf). 4 pages.
7. PowerPoint on all 23 topics. 28 slides.
How can I utilize this resource in my classroom?
This product can be used as a project based assessment, online activity during class, as a homework assignment or as a sub plan.
Looking for more resources? Check out my other products:
Thank you for supporting a fellow teacher!