This is a newly updated unit.
Kindergarten Darlings has created activities that talks about change over time. It highlights both seasonal change and the changes in the young lives of kindergarten students. These activities are designed to be done throughout the year. In addition, it contains a fun activity that can be completed at home and shared/displayed in the Kindergarten hallway for all to see.There are several classroom books that can be used as shared reading, read alouds or classroom library selections. Also, there are emergent readers that can be used during guided reading and independent reading. There are many No Prep and ready to use activities that can enhance independent work time and word work stations. This unit touches it all: past/present, seasonal change, personal change and change throughout the year.
Activities included in this unit are...
1. Simple Sentence Match
a. Seasonal Change
b. Animal Babies
c. Human Growth and Change
d. Weather Changes and activities
2. Things Grow and Change: student story activity—students will fill in the missing pictures.
3. Then and now: student story activity—students will add the pictures to match each sentence.
4. Celebrations Through the Year: student story activity--students match picture to the sentence
5. When I grow up, I can..: student story activity--students will add the word to match the picture and to complete the sentence.
6. Monthly Celebration Sequence
7. Our Changing World: colored book for classroom library
8. Seasonal Change: colored big book and blackline small student book
9. My World Changes and I Change throughout the Year book: focus on seasonal change and the how the students change throughout the year. Student created book
10. Seasons Posters
11. This is Me: Student created book. Drawing a self-portrait, personal information sheet, handprint sheet and writing sample sheet.
12. Inch Worm Growth Measurement
13. Change over Time: colored big book and blackline small student book
14. I have Grown and I have Changed student created book, at-home project, parent letter and brainstorming sheets with sorting sentences about change over time.
15. Favorite season Graph: header cards, data collection sheets, and individual graph recording sheets
16. Seasonal Brainstorming sheets with sorting sentences about seasonal change/activities.
17. Season Sort: students will sort activities that occur within each season.
Kids will love see how they have changed and how the world right outside their classroom door has changed through these simple activities.
Please take the time to rate this unit. It is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for purchasing!