Also included in
- This bundle includes activities to help students practice and strengthen their phonemic awareness skills. There are 280 phoneme substitution activity cards included in this bundle.The activity are easy to prep and can be used with or without the recording sheet. No-prep practice pages are included w$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
With this activity, your students will practice phoneme substitution by changing the beginning sounds in CVC words. Students will read the CVC word then change the first sound to make the new word.
Just print, laminate, and cut out the activity cards. You can use this activity with or without the recording sheets. Students can use magnetic letters or a dry erase marker to show the word.
Just print, laminate, and cut out the activity cards. Students can write the new words on each card using dry erase markers (you could also use letter tiles to make the words).
This packet includes:
-7 sets of activity cards (Activity cards are color coded for easy organization)
-2 "I Can" visual direction pages to promote independence
-Recording sheets to hold students accountable for their work (optional)
-Answer Key for easy checking
-Additional no-prep practice pages to help reinforce the skill
Word Families included: ad, ag, am, an, ap, at, ed, en, et, ig, in, ip, it, og, op, ot, ub, ug, un, ut
✅ A Google Slides version of the activity cards is included in this resource. Your students will practice spelling CVC words in this Google Slides activity. They will drag and drop the letters from the alphabet to spell the word by changing the beginning sound. Once they have spelled all three CVC words on the slide, they can check their work by moving the green checkmark box to reveal the answers.
- 28 Google Slides with 3 CVC words per slide
- 7 labeled sets: short a, e, i, o, u and two mixed vowel sets (easily delete unneeded slides to assign specific sets or mix and match to fit your needs)
- Drag and drop letter tiles for making words (entire alphabet on each slide)
- Self-checking box for revealing the answers on each slide
- Can be shared on a virtual learning platform, projected on an interactive whiteboard, or assigned individually in Google Classroom.
⭐️ Click here to check out other activities that teach CVC words!