These writing prompts were designed using the Ontario Grade 2 Social Studies curriculum (Heritage and Identity: Changing Family and Community Traditions) - with ideas and words straight from the text.
This resource includes some writing prompts on powwows and the government's ban of the tradition. Check out my Jingle Dance
resource for additional activities about powwows and some First Nations traditions.
Great to leave with a guest teacher or as a follow-up to investigations or read-alouds!
This document includes 13 pages of primary printing lines with dotted sentence starters, 13 pages of the same activities on plain lines with dotted sentence starters, and 13 pages of plain lines with a guiding question but no sentence starter - plus blank pages of each type to photocopy on the page's back side for more printing space. It includes both Canadian and American spelling (neighbour/neighbor).
It's great for differentiation
More Grade 2 Writing Prompts:
1. Properties of Liquids and Solids
3. Growth and Changes in Animals
4. Air and Water in the Environment
Grade 1 Writing Prompts:
1. Our Changing Roles and Responsibilities
2. The Local Community
3. Energy in Our Lives
4. Materials, Objects, and Everyday Structures
5. Needs and Characteristics of Living Things
6. Daily and Seasonal Changes
Grade 3 Writing Prompts:
1. Growth and Changes in Plants
Remember to give feedback to earn TPT points!