I created this for my second graders to complete while they are reading a chapter book with their partner. I needed the bulk of my students to work independently while I conduct a small phonics group. I wanted to help them to engage with their books, make connections, and build their comprehension without me having to read all the books they read and attempt to keep up with questions!
This booklet is designed for fictional books. It can be used with ANY fictional chapter book.
What is included?
- Cover for their booklet (title, author, and their name)
- Directions Sheet
- Helper Sheet (helpful vocabulary hints and character trait list)
- Words I Don't Know Page (write words they may need to look up or ask about)
-Main Character Sheet (analysis of the main character)
- Middle of the Book Report Page (it covers: problem, setting, and summary)
-Character Comparison Venn Diagram (self to character)
- Suggest the Book Slips (3 per page)
- Example of the Main Character Page
- Detailed example sheet of the Main Character Page
As my class is in need of new pages, I will add them to this product. When pages are added, you will receive an e-mail letting you know that the product has been updated.