This 40-slide presentation covers key idea in Ch.1-5 of the fun, and exciting novel Holes by Louis Sachar. This presentation provides multiple days of skill builders and suggested student- centered activities.
The presentation includes the following slides:
1) Lesson objectives and Guiding Questions
2) Review of Plot Pyramid
3) Definition of Exposition
4) Brainstorming Activity for Ch.1-2: What would you pack?
5) Introduction of Reporter's Notes Student Activity
6) Reporter's Notes Activity and Answer Key
7) Definition and Review of Characterization
8)Character Web Activity on Stanley Yelnats
9) First Impressions Activity with Characterization and Inferencing Chart
10) Definitions of Theme and Moral
11) Universal Theme Brainstorm
12) How to Find Theme Strategies
13) Thinking about Themes
14) Theme Review and Identification of Novel Themes
15) Group Activity on Theme and Collecting Evidence
16) Class Discussion Questions on Theme
17) Constructed Response Prompt with Rubric
18) Suggested Areas of Exploration
19) Additional Persuasive Creative Writing Activity
20) Suggested Supplemental Sites
This presentation has been designed with students and teachers in mind. Slides are comprised of bright clear images, student-centered activities, and skill activities based on common core standards and expectations. You can spend more time with your students when you don't have to worry about creating your presentation.
Please leave user feedback if this is helpful in your classroom. Thank you :)