This product takes students, step-by-step, through the process of writing a character analysis essay. It would work well for high school ELA students as well as English as an Additional Language students because of the specific steps provided.
The following components are included in the package:
- Character analysis essay explanation
- Brainstorm with guiding questions
- Character traits list
- Research/investigate step where students are provided guidance on how to back up their conclusions about the character they are analyzing with evidence from the text
- Thesis statement guidance
- Graphic organizer for outlining the introductory and conclusion paragraph
- Guidance for how to draft the essay
- Revision checklist
- Editing checklist
- Peer review, evaluate, and publish steps
Other resources that may be helpful in conjunction with this project include:
- Characterization Notes and Graphic Organizer (FREE) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREE-Characterization-Notes-and-Graphic-Organizer-2216475
- The Writing Process Handout (FREE) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREE-The-Writing-Process-Handout-2217327
- Proofreading Marks for Marking Up Student Work (FREE) https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREE-Proofreading-Marks-for-Marking-Up-Student-Writing-2263669
- Assessment Rubrics for Writing Tasks https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Assessment-Rubrics-for-Writing-Tasks-Writing-Process-Paragraph-and-Essay-2264517
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
This means this resource is designated for 1 teacher's use in his/her school. You may not adapt this work for resale, or use this for commercial purposes.
Please do feel free to adapt this resource for your own use, however, and make as many copies for your classroom as you like! I hope you will find this resource helpful!