Character Analysis Lessons: Passages, Anchor Charts & Graphic Organizers
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Stop searching for reading passages, small group lesson plans, comprehension questions, graphic organizers, and mini anchor charts because this bundle has everything you need to teach small group lessons for all your main fiction skills. Get 41 ready-to-print reading lesson plan sets that will helpPrice $25.00Original Price $33.70Save $8.70
- There are a lot of different reading comprehension strategies you can teach your students that will help them understand the characters in the texts they are reading. This reading bundle includes six reading resources that will help your students learn how to understand characters and their traits,Price $23.00Original Price $29.25Save $6.25
- Stop searching for reading passages, small group lesson plans, comprehension questions, graphic organizers, and mini anchor charts because this bundle has everything you need to teach small group lessons for the entire year. Get 130+ ready-to-print reading lesson plan sets that will help you teach kPrice $69.50Original Price $112.90Save $43.40
- Hey Danielle,Here is your custom order. Enjoy!-SaraPrice $110.21Original Price $191.65Save $81.44
Do your students struggle to analyze character traits and feelings in the stories they read? With these 12 ready-to-print reading lesson plans, you will have everything you need to teach your small group lessons on analyzing and describing characters! Each lesson set includes everything you need for an effective small group lesson. You'll get scripted teacher lesson plans, student reading passages, a strategy card (aka mini-anchor chart) for your lesson objective, and a response sheet with a graphic organizer and comprehension questions connected to the focus of your small group lesson.
These strategy lessons work great for your small group instruction, but you could also use them for the whole group lessons you plan on teaching during your unit on analyzing characters. From helping students understand the difference between internal and external traits to helping students make inferences about characters. From helping them analyze character actions to identifying the lesson a character learned. These strategy lessons will help your students become more confident in their ability to really dig deep and understand the characters they read about.
This set of lesson plans makes teaching all about characters easy. All the planning and prep work has been done for you. All you have to do is print and teach! Think about all the time you'll save not having to hunt for fiction reading passages that connect to the objective for your lesson. Each small group lesson set includes everything you need.
HERE'S WHAT YOU GET:
- 12 Scripted out teacher lesson plans (perfect for small group instruction)
- 12 Passages to use with each lesson
- 12 Response pages (includes graphic organizer and response questions)
- 12 Strategy Cards (mini-anchor charts)
- Answer Key
- Digital Version
- Teacher Guide
Check out the preview to learn more about this resource.
LET'S BREAK DOWN EACH LESSON ELEMENT:
- Scripted Teacher Lesson Plan - The small group lesson plans provide you with the exact language you need to say to make sure your students are mastering the objective for the lesson. It also provides you with a really easy-to-implement lesson framework that works great for small group lessons.
- Strategy Card - Each lesson also comes with a strategy card (like a mini anchor chart). This strategy card works great as a visual support during your lesson and students can take it with them at the end of the lesson.
- Student Passage - Each passage is short (less than one full page) so it can quickly be read during a small group lesson. It is also written in a way that makes it really easy for the students to practice and apply the focus skill. You won't have to worry if the text you give your students will work for the lesson objective.
- Response Page - If you want to extend your lesson or give your students an extension assignment, you can give them the response page which includes a graphic organizer focused on the lesson objective and three comprehension questions.
- Digital Version - There is also a digital version created using Google Slides so this resource will work during both face-to-face and virtual instruction.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Here is a list of all the objectives/focus skills for each lesson.
- Lesson #1 - Internal/External Character Traits
- Lesson #2 - Positive & Negative Character
- Lesson #3 - Inferring Character Traits
- Lesson #4 - Character Feelings
- Lesson #5 - Character Feelings Change
- Lesson #6 - Comparing Characters
- Lesson #7 - Analyzing Character Actions
- Lesson #8 - Making Character Predictions
- Lesson #9 - Character Motivation
- Lesson #10 - Characters Learn Lessons
- Lesson #11 - Using Text Evidence to Describe Characters
- Lesson #12 - Different Character's Perspectives
You'll love getting everything you need to teach a small group lesson on analyzing characters. Just think of all the hours you'll save not having to type out your lesson plans, hunt for a passage that matches your lesson objective, and then come up with response questions/activities for your students to do after the lesson.
HERE'S HOW YOU CAN USE THIS RESOURCE IN YOUR CLASSROOM:
- Use these lessons during small group instruction to help students learn how to analyze the characters they read about in stories.
- Use as part of your guided reading lessons and spread out the reading and writing tasks over multiple days.
- Use as part of test prep to help your students get ready to understand the characters in their end-of-year test.
- Use passages during intervention to help support students who struggle with understanding and analyzing characters.
- Use as part of your whole group lesson.
- Leave as part of your sub-plans - the scripted lesson plans make these resources really easy to follow.
LOVED BY BOTH TEACHERS AND STUDENTS:
→ Your students will love the topics of the stories and texts included in this resource. The passages are high-interest and will hold your student’s attention during the entire small group lesson.
→ You’ll love how quick and easy it is to prep your small group lessons. All you have to do is print the materials for the lesson you want to teach and you’re all set to teach. No more searching for reading passages or guided reading books or trying to find a passage that matches the skill you want to teach.
→Your students will love the “bite-sized” objective for each lesson. They won’t feel overwhelmed by what you are trying to teach them. They will feel confident in their ability to practice the one focus skill for each lesson.
→ You’ll love how easy the lesson structure is to follow. Each lesson follows the 4T model (clearly explained in the preview and lesson set). You can be confident that you will be using your small group time in a way that will actually move your students towards reaching their reading goals.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Katrina S. said, “This was a great resource for my students to work on independently as we covered the different skill focuses regarding characters and their traits and feelings!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Lillian D. purchased the fiction bundle and said, “I've started using this in my strategy groups with my 5th graders. This resource is very helpful because it is very low prep. I just print the topic that my students need extra help on and I'm ready to go.”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Erica M. purchased the fiction bundle and said, "Loved this resource to use with my small group reading. It was very easy to plan and prep. My students were engaged and it made it easy to review previous taught standards.”
**The resource is also included in The Stellar Teacher Reading Membership.**
⭐️ BUNDLE & SAVE FOR A DISCOUNT⭐️
Purchase theYear-Long Bundle of Small Group Lesson Plans to get this set plus over 100 other small group reading lesson plans.
I THINK YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
→ Character Traits & Feelings Worksheets & Activities
→ Character Reading Comprehension Passages
→ Reading Graphic Organizers for Fiction
Copyright © The Stellar Teacher Co. LLC
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.