- PowerPoint Lesson (29 slides) covering indirect characterization techniques (appearance, speech, actions, private thoughts, other's reactions) and key terms: protagonist, antagonist, round character, flat character, dynamic character, and static character.
- Notes for students to fill in while viewing PowerPoint presentation
- Two fun and engaging group activities for students to apply their knowledge of indirect characterization techniques
- A handout listing character traits to help students verbalize character descriptions
- Two Indirect Characterization Worksheets with answer keys
- Characterization Comic Activity
- Characterization Poem Activity
- Characterization Test with answer key
- Character Analysis Essay to be used with any novel. Includes prompt, prewriting, outline with example sentences, self-editing worksheet, transitional language chart, and student reflection assignment.
For a FREE download of just the essay component of this product, click here.
Elements of Plot
Figurative Language Project
Point of View
Comparison Essay: Novel vs. Film
Grammar & Sentence Mechanics Lessons