This unit is aligned with Common Core standards and includes:
1. PowerPoint (29 slides) covering indirect characterization techniques (appearance, speech, actions, private thoughts, other's reactions) and key terms: protagonist, antagonist, round character, flat character, dynamic character, and static character.
2. Notes for students to fill in while viewing PowerPoint presentation
3. Two fun and engaging group activities for students to apply their knowledge of indirect characterization techniques
4. A handout listing character traits to help students verbalize character descriptions
5. Two Indirect Characterization Worksheets with Answer Keys
6. Characterization Comic Activity
7. Characterization Test
8. Character Analysis Essay to be used with any novel. Includes prompt, prewriting, outline with example sentences, self-editing worksheet, transitional language chart, and student reflection assignment.
To purchase just the essay component of this download, click here.
to view some of my other products that focus on literary elements.
Check out Tech Tools for Teachers
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License