Character Building Unit | 12 Back to School Get to Know You Activities
Jump start your year talking about building character with these fun back to school character education activities. This 12 lesson character traits unit helps build classroom community, boosts student confidence and sets ground rules for your classroom. This unit goes along with 12 great back to school book favorites, but could also be used without the books.
Activities: (open the preview for a closer look)
- I Wish My Teacher Knew... (craft)
- My Mouth is a Volcano (class bulletin board or individual craft)
- Monster Manners (sort positive and negative choices at school)
- Classroom Pledge (letter writing activity)
- Recess Kings/Queens (crown craft, review recess manners)
- Kissing Hand Craft (talk about showing love/respect)
- 10 Ways to Make Friends at Recess (partner/group poster activity)
- Bucket Fillers Craft (talk about kindness)
- The Dot Art Project (talk about individuality)
- All About Me Worksheet (talk about personality on inside and character traits on the outside that make students unique)
- My Talent Will Blow You Away (Craft or Worksheet - 2 options to highlight student talents)
- The Giving Tree Craft (talk about sharing)
Also includes a 12 day lesson planner.
- My Teacher and Me (Al Yankovich)
- My Mouth is a Volcano
- He's Been a Monster All Day
- The Day the Crayons Quit
- The Recess Queen
- The Kissing Hand
- Billy Bully
- How Full is Your Bucket?
- The Dot
- Ruby the Copycat
- Stand Tall Molly Lou Melon
- The Giving Tree
Looking for Other Science and Social Studies Projects?
- Biography Project
- Life Science Unit: Plants, Animals and Habitats
- Solar System Project
- Earth Day Writing
- Animal Habitat Research Project
You can also connect with me for first access to my resources, giveaways and FREEBIES via: Email | Website | Instagram | Facebook | Teachers Pay Teachers
Enjoy! Don't forget to leave feedback on all paid purchases for future credit toward free resources.