This is a project that asks students to choose a literary character and make a cell phone that represents their deeper understanding of him or her.
The pages of this booklet include directions for the following:
• Create a Facebook post written by their character and write imagined responses from relevant other characters/people
• Select an image their character might post to their Instagram account and write imagined responses from relevant other characters/people
• Select a song that has significance for this character that he or she might be listening to on Pandora
• Choose a physical location that might have importance for this character which he or she might search on Google Maps
• Write a series of text messages that represents a conversation between this character and another character/person
• Select an image for this character’s lock screen that serves as a cover for the booklet
Each activity in this booklet is accompanied by questions that encourage students to explain their choices in greater detail, revealing what they know about this character and the deeper understanding of the literary work that led to their design choices. Each app featured in the booklet is also accompanied by a detailed explanation of the function of that app, encouraging successful completion of this activity even by students who may not be familiar with each app featured within.
Pages are meant to be printed double-sided to create a 6-page booklet. Additionally, the preview here on TPT can be downloaded and printed to act as a ready-made sample to show your class as you roll out this project.