Are you looking for a new classroom management technique to try this year? I've been using this clip chart in my classroom for ten years. It works and kids LOVE it!
This system allows you to catch kids being good throughout the month. When students are caught being good, their reward is simple- they move their clips forward. You'll be surprised how well your kids will behave for you just to get their clips moved forward! The clip chart also provides a simple consequence for students who make poor choices- they move their clips backward . My kids just hate to move their clips back! It's simple, but it really works!
More about how it works:
- Every month a new word is chosen to display in the classroom
- Students clips are placed on the first letter of the word at the beginning of the month
- A student can be told to move his or her clip forward one letter as a reward to reinforce positive behavior
- A student can be told to move his or her clip back one letter as a consequence for poor choices, missing homework, etc.
- At the end of the month, all students who have reached the last letter of the word participate in a celebration of their good behavior.
All of the letters you will need as well as ideas for your monthly words are included. All you need to do is laminate the letters and prepare clothespins or magnets for each of your students.