Also included in
- Printable and digital reading centers! Reading centers are the perfect way to have your students practice reading skills in isolation of novels and independent reading.Note: All of the puzzles now include digital versions! See pages 3-4 of each PDF for details and links to access the digital reading$24.00$36.00Save $12.00
- This is a heavily discounted MEGA bundle of all of the reading centers and games for 4th and 5th grade that I have available in my TeachersPayTeachers store. Here are the bundles included in this MEGA bundle (click on each resource to read more about the centers included):Fiction Reading Comprehensi$116.00$232.00Save $116.00
Puzzles are not just for primary grades or math. These types of character conflict puzzles will not only allow your students to practice 4th/5th grade level skills, but they will also be engaged with the format.
Note: This character conflict activity now includes DIGITAL reading puzzles as well as printable ones. See pages 3-4 of the PDF for the details and links.
This reading center resource includes 16 conflict puzzles to practice identifying the type of conflict in fiction texts.
The types of conflicts included are man versus man, man versus self, man versus nature, and man versus society.
Two different versions of the puzzles are included to help you best use this resource for your students.
Version 1: The students will read each text, write the type of conflict, and then find the puzzle piece that matches.
Version 2: This version is identical to Version 1, except that the students will record their evidence on the recording sheets.
Directions and specific recording sheets for the different versions can be found following the puzzle pieces.
About the Digital Text Structures Puzzles
For the digital version, the students will read two stories per slide. They will identify the type of conflict from each story and drag and drop it to the correct spot.
To make this character conflict activity work in a digital format, the template has been modified and reimaged for optimal digital use.
This digital reading activity has been created for use with Google Slides. Please see the preview to see the digital types of conflict puzzles.
Need More Digital Reading Activities for 4th and 5th Grade?
- Self- Grading Digital Reading with Google Forms
- Digital Reading Activities for Grades 4-5
- 4th and 5th Grade Reading Intervention
- 4th and 5th Grade Digital Reading Review
- Digital Theme Activities
- Digital Inference Activities
- Digital Poetry Activities
- Digital Text Structure Activities
- Digital Color by Reading Activities
- Digital Reading Sorts
- Digital Reading Anchor Charts
- Digital Reading Flipbooks
- Digital Reading Notebooks